Sunday 24 August 2014

Travel Findings - Phuket



Feline Beauty Findings in Phuket, Thailand




A week ago I had a week long holiday in amazing Phuket, Thailand. The sun, beach, mountains were always calling me back to explore it's mysterious land. This time I caught up with surf waves! Hahaha being in small island Singapore I don't get to see real big waves. Furious waves hitting shores, one after another, the waves just kept coming. I think Poseidon is just too mad that it's too hot (just my imagination). 

With the furious waves, the salt from the sea carried it's sea salt far into land and guess what?! My hair was clump and dry just like Barbie's hair! I jet set myself finding remedy for my poor hair...

Thankfully my dear friend found an incredible store that sells all beauty products in the famous Patong Beach. From massage oils to hair dyes to salon chairs. This is a whole sale shop intended for the numerous growing number of massage shops or hair salons. 


This is the store front. As you can see the store name is in Thai :( 




Good thing is, the store is just right up front of Andaman Beach Suites Hotel, Patong Beach. Find the hotel and you will find the store.





Here you will find rows and rows of massage oils. Coconut oil, rosemary oil and lots of other exotic oils. And it's cheap too. It's so much cheaper then those you would find in the streets. Some of it are buy 3 and get a special price. 



Bleaching powder and developer for Blonde!!! Oh how happy i was! Singapore sold these in Guardian before in the 1990s but somehow they stop for reasons I don't know. But it's ok cause I found it and again it's cheap! The Bleaching Powder is buy 3 for 100baht (Sgd$4), how crazy is that. The developer is 70baht (Sgd $2.80). 

Blue packet is Schwarzkopf Igora Vario Bleaching Extra a Powder White Dust-Free Bleach. It could lift up to 8 levels of blonde with anti-yellow effect.

The other packet is DCash Master Bleaching Powder Lightener Gold. 

I will be trying the product soon and will update the outcome of it.



For those who love braiding your hair... YES they have it too!

Colours galore, each for 100baht (Sgd $4). 

If you can do it yourself or find a friend to do it, better to buy it here. When u go around shops to have it done they will charge 3000 baht (Sgd $120) or more. I love braiding my hair up especially since it keeps moisturizing my hair, keeping it supple and soft.

Too many products in the shop and this is all that I can take picture of. The shop keeper was asking why am I taking pictures hahahaaa .... 



Mark Hill Miracoilicious Moroccan Argan Oil. Found this in Jungceylon Shopping Centre, Patong Beach. The only shopping centre in Patong beach, you can't missed it. Go to Boots, a Watson or Guardian lookalike store. Selling for 425baht (Sgd $17). It's rich orange gold oil softens hair almost immediately. Worth the buy!


Since we still in Patong Beach....




Yep I got myself 2 new tattoo. Did it at Celebrity Tattoo Parlour in Bangla Street, Patong Beach. Recommended by another friend of mine who was very impress with their art work and cleanliness. 

Had one on side of my hand and shoulder blade. 

The shop is decorated real well, makes you feel you are in a boutique shop. 2 storey shop adorn with white tiles, mirrors and silver tiles on their steps. The Australian Owner just knows how to make their clients feel comfortable and at ease while getting your design quick. Pricing is weird, it starts off at 3000 baht (Sgd $120). The owner said even if it's a dot it's 3000baht. But lucky for me I wanted to do 2 tattoo and total was 3500baht (Sgd $140), a very good deal don't you think?

The tattoo artist I got was Native Thai who has been tattooing for 8months and he finished both in less then an hour. Amazing if you ask me.

Overall I love my tattoo thanks to Celebrity Tattoo Parlour.

Just to share how I take care of my tattoo:
  • No suntanning
  • Apply Vaseline every after shower or when your feel your skin is dry
  • Do not scratch



This is my favourite nail shop in Phuket. 

Nice Nail & Relax Massage, Kamala Beach.

By far this is the best nail shop I have been to in Phuket. The Thai owner and her assistant is so professional in doing manicure and pedicure. Best of all they have OPI products. Not a lot of nail shops in Phuket uses OPI, most would use cheap nail polish that does not stay on your nails after a swim in the beach.

A simple manicure/pedicure with colour cost 250baht (Sgd $10). They offer acrylic nail extension, nail art, gelish nails services. All at affordable prices. 

How to find this shop?
Most tourist would stay in Patong Beach. 
Take a tuktuk (Thailand taxi) to Kamala Beach for 400 baht (Sgd $16).
Kamala beach is very small, has only one walking street that sells clothes, restaurants and massage shops.



The shop is in a small lane off the main shopping street. It is opposite Scuba Dive Shop (there is only one dive shop).

Have your manicure and pedicure done and head to the beach. Kamala has lesser tourist then Patong. This is best for those who love peace and quiet while suntanning.


These are just some of my recommendation of Phuket.

Will be there again soon to explore and share my beauty findings.

Let beauty findings be your bestfriend.

Faith.Love Feline


No comments:

Post a Comment