Sunday 24 August 2014

Nails 101 - Nail extension

Fake Nails Experiment

Hello Felines! 

I'm crazy over my natural long nails but it broke! Well thankfully there is such a thing as fake nails. I have never attached fake nails before so it's my first time experimenting. 

I have to say I'm Lovin It!!! 

 

 




Let's Get It On!

Here's what you need: 
  1. 10 sets of fake nails ( I'm using half nails, meaning it attaches only half of my entire nails )
  2. Nail glue ( got this from Far East Plaza, the pretty salesgirl says its the best glue in their store )
  3. Nail Clipper
  4. Nail Filer
  5. Nail Buffer
Here's how...

* note - finish the entire process on one hand before attempting the other side, AND this
             time start attaching fake nails onto your right hand (if your right handed).
             Why?  Cause you will be handicap for awhile with the instant growth of fake 
             nails, haha...
           - start from pinkie nail and work your way to your thumb
           - make sure your pre arrange your fake nails for easy application ( just like I did in 
             my pic)

 Preparation - Thoroughly clean your nails, using nail polish remover to remove 
                                  unwanted oil/grease, wash with hand soap after.
 Step 1 - Measure the attached area of the fake nail onto your nail and apply nail 
                        glue to that area
 Step 2 - Apply nail glue to your own nail
 Step 3 - To attach fake nails you have to SLIDE the fake nails onto your real nails
                      - SLIDE  and apply PRESSURE at the same time (by sliding you will not 
                        encourage air/bubbles between the nails, if there are air between remove 
                        and slide again)
                     - Once fake nail is on, keep applying pressure for a minute or two (this 
                        ensures fake nail to stick)
 Step 4 - Check that you have completely glue the fake nails onto your entire nails, 
                        if not now is the best time to remove and try again 
 Step 5 - Cut your new nails to whatever length or shape you want (I'm doing 
                        stiletto nail shape)
 Step 6 - File the top of your nail (because I use half fake nails, I had to file the 
                        connecting part and smoothen the fake nail so it will look 'real' , we don't 
                        want others to know its fake don't we?)
                     - Now you file the edges of your nails, smoothing the edges and refining 
                        the shape
 Step 7 - Using Nail Buffer and buffer nail edges and the entire nail bed
Step 8 - Apply Vaseline n you are good to go! Oh now you can do the other hand


Voilà instant long nails!

Check my previous blog, Basic Home Manicure,  to find out where to buy the tools

Try it and your will love cause I sure do love mine             

Let Long Claws be our Bestfriend

Faith.Love Feline 

No comments:

Post a Comment