Wednesday 7 January 2015

Nail Tutorial - Aztec Nailart




The Aztecs.


Aztecs, originated as a nomadic tribe in northern Mexico, has amazing detailed architecture, headdresses, clothing, jewels all revert back to nature.

The design intrigues me so much that I attempted to try it on my nails. I must say this is the hardest nail art I have done, though I have already simplified it. Especially when painting it on my right hand. My eyes got so tired from drawing every small angles.

All i can say is, It was worth it. The outcome was amazing! And as always practice practice practice to perfect it.

Let's get cracking...


This are the essential special tools you really need to have to achieve amazing results.
A dotting tool, a thin long brush & a slanted flat brush.

Extra Tools:
White Nail Polish
Yellow , Black , Green Acrylic Paint

 Paint on 2 coats of White Nail Polish & let dry completely
1.  Using dotting tool to mark out a upper & bottom triangle.
I'm using dots as a marker to achieve a better, straight triangle & linekinda like connect the dots game.
2.  Using Yellow Paint and connect the lower dots, creating a triangle.
3. Using Green Paint and connect the upper dots, creating a triangle.
4 & 5. Now use Black Paint and paint smaller triangle inside of the previously painted triangle

6&7. Use Slanted flat brush and outline the triangles.
8-11. This is the tidies part. Painting on petite triangles on sides of triangle.
My tip is to start on the top and work your way own.
Always alternate painting the sides to ensure the petite triangles are symmetrical.
Once done, apply top coat.
Apply contrasting color on other nails to bring the design out. I'm using neon orange. You could choose any color but avoid dark colours.

VOILA done…

Hard work pays off truly…

Let Aztec nails be your best friend


Faith.Love Feline

No comments:

Post a Comment