Sunday 20 July 2014

Hair - Changing Manic Panic colours




Changing Manic Panic Colours






Hello Felines!

Manic Panic is such a cool hair dye that leaves you wanting to explore more. It sure did for me. I dyed Cleo Rose a couple of months ago and only recently I went to turquoise using Atomic Turquoise. 

I needed to change my colour within a week before my birthday. A new look, a new beginning. Desperate, I went online and found an amazing site (click here for amazing site) that gave me 10 options to choose. 

One problem.

Most products such as Colour Reducers or Colour Strippers are not sold in Singapore. I could get them off amazon or eBay but I need it ASAP.  So I was left with only 6 out of 10 options. Choose 2 ways to remove my entire Cleo Rose colour and succeeded.

Here's what and how:

1. Anti-Drandruff Shampoo.

    - Head & Shoulders Shampoo
    - apply generously and lather. Your foam will immediately turn coloured. Rub your hair gently
      with the foam, encouraging the shampoo to work.
    - wash off and apply generous amount of conditioner. Because your hair had been bleached and
      this shampoo strips and cleans any residue, it leaves your hair super coarse.

This process works very well but it requires a week to get colour completely off. It is gently on hair meaning it doesn't weaken hair strands like bleach would. I was desperate as time was not on my side hence I tried another method.




                                                                   Mixed Mixture

2. Bleach Bath

    - mix 3tbsp of Head & Shoulders shampoo to 1tbsp of conditioner, ratio 3:1 (pic 1 & 2)
    - mix 3tbsp of bleach powder to 3tbsp of peroxide, ratio 1:1 (pic 3 & 4)
    - mix both mixture together
    - apply to hair. Apply like you would if you were dyeing your hair or you could click here to read
      my blog on dyeing hair.
    - secure hair up in a bun
    - cover with shower cap or cling wrap
    - leave it for 30mins or till colour lightens
    - wash off 

*do not allow the bleach to touch your scalp

The measurement I gave is for shoulder length hair, do add more as it only works when hair is fully covered by mixture. Mixture consistency should be thick watery, not stiff and dry.

The surprise came when I wash off the mixture from my hair. My toilet was filled with red dye. 98% of the hair dye was completely taken off. 

Do take note! This process, Bleach Bath, has bleach in it. Your hair colour will lighten up 1-2 shades. And after the process, please deep condition your hair.

Where to buy:
  1. Head & Shoulders Shampoo @ any supermarket / Guardian / Watsons
  2. Bleach, Gatsby Ex Hi Bleach @ Guardian / Watsons

Do try it and let me know your views or questions

Let Changing colour be your bestfriend

Faith.Love Feline








No comments:

Post a Comment